Building on three years of fundraising momentum, Berkeley Haas raised more than $56 million for the school in fiscal 2023.
Under the leadership of Dean Ann Harrison, the Berkeley Haas Development and Alumni Relations team (DAR) team reported a record three-year period in the school’s history, raising more than $171 million from alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents, and friends.
“The Haas community continues to come together to provide incredible support to the school,” Harrison said. “These generous gifts will be used to help us continue to expand our faculty, enrich our students, and empower our alumni as we work for a more sustainable and equitable future. We are truly grateful.”
The total amount raised in 2023 includes $4.1 million from 3,554 donors to the Haas Fund, which is used to retain faculty and provide student scholarships, as well as to support alumni programs and career services.
Haas also achieved its UC Berkeley-wide Light the Way campaign goal of raising $400 million in July, six months before the close. Launched in 2014, The Light the Way campaign is a historic effort to raise $6 billion. The campaign ends on December 31, 2023.
More notable highlights this year for Haas include:
- Raising four gifts of more than $5 million in a single year, a first in the school’s history.
- Launching an HBCU MBA Fellowship with founding gifts from five alumni. The first-of-its-kind endowment will provide tuition support to MBA students who have attended a Historically Black College or University.
- Funding a new Berkeley Haas entrepreneurship hub, which is slated to open in fall 2024.
- Posting more than $500,000 in challenge matches during an epic Big Give one-day online fundraiser.
Alumni engagement highlights from the past year:
Alumni volunteers, advisors, mentors, and speakers again stepped forward to serve the school in the past year, in efforts including:
- Serving as speakers at events and in classrooms, and as case competition judges throughout the year.
- Sharing their stories on 27 episodes of the OneHaas podcast (with a total of 21,622 downloads)
- Advising students in all of our degree programs with career and admissions support.
- Helping Haas organize and host its second annual virtual Alumni Diversity Symposium
- Sourcing and sharing 619 job posts through the alumni—powered Hire Haas campaign.
Berkeley Haas also returned to a full slate of alumni events this year, hosting three special regional events with Dean Ann Harrison in London, Los Angeles, and New York. Over 2,400 Haas community members participated in our signature events, with more than 1,200 returning for the annual MBA Reunion Weekend and Alumni Conference.
“We are incredibly grateful to all of our generous donors and alumni volunteers who continue to support our short- and long-term vision as a top business school,” Assistant Dean and Chief Development Officer Howie Avery said.