The Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA is the #1 part-time MBA program in the U.S. for the 6th year in a row, according to the U.S. News & World Report Best Business Schools ranking published today.
The Full-time Berkeley MBA Program held at #7 for the 11th consecutive year, and the Berkeley MBA for Executives ranked #9 again this year.
Haas stood out in six Top Ten specialty rankings this year:
- #4 in International
- #4 in Nonprofit
- #5 in Entrepreneurship
- #7 in Management
- #8 in Finance
- #9 in Marketing
Full-time MBA rankings methodology
The Full-time MBA ranking is based on a peer assessment, a recruiter assessment, and data provided by participating schools. The Full-time MBA rankings are based on data provided by participating U.S. schools and on polls of business school deans and directors of accredited MBA programs, as well as surveys of corporate recruiters and company contacts. The score is calculated from:
- Placement success and starting salary: 35%
- Student selectivity (GMAT & GRE scores, undergraduate GPA, acceptance rate): 25%
- Peer poll: 25%
- Average of the last three years of recruiter polls: 15%
Part-time MBA rankings methodology
The part-time MBA ranking is based on:
- Average peer assessment score: 50%
- Average GMAT & GRE scores of students entering in the fall of 2016: 15%
- Average undergraduate GPA: 5%
- Work experience:15%
- Percentage the fall 2015 MBA enrollment that is part time: 15%
The executive MBA and other specialty rankings are based solely on ratings by deans and full-time MBA directors at peer schools.
U.S. News & World Report’s Best Business Schools is one of many rankings of full-time MBA programs by the media. Earlier this year, the Full-time Berkeley MBA Program ranked #7 among US schools in the Financial Times Global MBA ranking. The full-time program was also ranked #7 by The Economist’s Which MBA? ranking last October.