The Haas School placed #24 in the world and #14 among U.S. schools in a ranking of MBA programs for Latin American students, published by AméricaEconomía magazine in May.
Last year, Haas ranked #21 in the world and #12 among U.S. schools in the same ranking.
The ranking is based on the following factors:
- 30% Admissions selectivity (GMAT 70%, rate of acceptance 20%, 10% other entrance requirements)
- 20% Faculty with PhD degrees
- 5% School connections in Latin America, such as partnerships or programs taught there
- 25% Prestige in Latin America, according to a survey of AméricaEconomía readers
- 20% Salary: based 30% on the post-MBA salary and 70% on the pre-MBA to post-MBA salary increase. AméricaEconomía arrives at the post-MBA salary by adjusting the salaries reported by schools according to input from corporate headhunters and recruiters in Latin America.