The Haas School has launched a new iPhone app aimed at prospective students for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program. It is available for free in the iTunes Store.
The school's first iPhone app — among the few developed to date by a business school — was developed by Simple But Needed, a firm co-founded by evening and weekend student Shourya Basu, MBA 11. More apps will be launched in coming months for admissions efforts for other programs.
The Berkeley-Haas app offers several features for prospective students, including:
- A calendar of upcoming events related to the Evening & Weekend MBA Program
- Student profiles of Evening & Weekend MBA Program students
- A class profile of the Evening & Weekend MBA Program
- A feature to connect to the program through social media platforms such as blogs, Twitter, and Facebook
- News of the school
- Campus maps
- Haas photos and videos
- A feed of Dean Rich Lyons' Twitter postings
Simple But Needed co-founder Jon Noreika developed the Berkeley-Haas app, while designers Jane Hambleton and Jim Wilson from Cuttriss & Hambleton came up with the look and feel of the app.