Seven Haas faculty members and four graduate student instructors were honored with Earl F. Cheit Awards for excellence in teaching Friday at the annual Dean's End-of-the-Year Party.
The winners were selected by panels of students based on student nominations. The award is named after Dean Emeritus Earl "Budd" Cheit, who established them in 1976 and made teaching excellence one of his top priorities.
The faculty Cheit Award winners this year are:
- Alexei Tchistyi, PhD Program
- Jennifer Walske, Undergraduate Program
- Richard Sloan, Full-time MBA Program
- Johan Walden, Evening MBA Program
- Terry Taylor, Weekend MBA Program
- Mark Rubinstein, MFE Program
- Peter Goodson, Berkeley-Columbia Program
The winners this year of the Cheit Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Awards are:
- Samuel Jacob Snyder, MBA 11, Undergraduate Program
- PhD student Edward Egan, Full-time MBA Program
- PhD student James McLaughlin, Weekend MBA Program