Five professors and three graduate student instructors are being recognized at the Undergraduate, PhD, and MBA commencements this month for their excellence in teaching.
A panel of students selected the Cheit Award recipients from student nominations. The award is named after Dean Emeritus Earl F. Cheit, who made teaching excellence one of his top priorities.
The faculty winners this year are:
- Assistant Professor Noam Yuchtman, PhD Program
- Lecturer Alan Ross, Undergraduate Program
- Adjunct Assistant Professor Kellie McElhaney, Full-time MBA Program
- Assistant Professor Yaniv Konchitchki, Evening MBA Program
- Assistant Professor Pnina Feldman, Weekend MBA Program
Professor Suneel Udpa was honored with a Cheit Award at the Berkeley-Columbia Executive MBA Program commencement in February. Professor Richard Stanton and graduate student instructor Aya Bellicha, MFE 09, received Cheit Awards at the Master of Financial Engineering Program commencement in March.
The winners of the Cheit Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor awards also to be recognized at commencements this year are:
- Economics doctoral student Glenda Oskar, PhD 13, Undergraduate Program
- Tarek Ghani, PhD 15, Full-time MBA Program
- Dennis Ducro, MBA 13, Evening & Weekend MBA Program