Top U.S. News Rankings for All Three MBA Programs
March 16, 2016
The Evening & Weekend MBA Program ranked #1 among part-time programs for the fourth straight year in U.S. News & World Report 's Best Business Schools 2017. The Full-time Berkeley MBA ranked #7 among US programs, while the Berkeley MBA for Executives—in only its third year—moved up to #8.
In other specialty rankings, the Berkeley MBA ranked:
- #3 in international
- #4 in nonprofit
- #5 in entrepreneurship
- #7 in finance
- #7 in management
- #9 in marketing
The full-time MBA rankings are based on program data provided by participating US schools and on polls of business school deans and directors of accredited MBA programs, as well as of corporate recruiters and company contacts. The score is calculated from:
- Peer poll: 25%
- Average of the last three years of recruiter polls: 15%
- Placement success and starting salary: 35%
- Student selectivity (GMAT & GRE scores, undergraduate GPA, acceptance rate): 25%
The part-time MBA ranking is based on:
- Average peer assessment score: 50%
- Average GMAT & GRE scores of students entering in the fall of 2015: 15%
- Average undergraduate GPA: 5%
- Work experience:15%
- Percentage the fall 2015 MBA enrollment that is part time: 15%
The executive MBA and other specialty rankings are based solely on ratings by deans and full-time MBA directors at peer schools.
U.S. News & World Report's Best Business Schools, published March 16, is one of many rankings of full-time MBA programs by the media. Earlier in 2016, the school’s Full-time Berkeley MBA Program was ranked #7 in the world, and #5 among US schools, in the Financial Times Global MBA ranking. The two schools that Haas moved ahead of to reach #5 were Chicago and MIT.
Topics: Haas in the Rankings