Top 10 U.S. News Rankings For All Three Berkeley MBA Programs
March 14, 2017
The Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program held its #1 ranking among part-time MBA programs for the fifth straight year in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Business Schools.
The Full-time Berkeley MBA Program was again ranked #7 among full-time programs, and the Berkeley MBA for Executives ranked #9 among EMBA programs.
In specialty rankings, the full-time MBA program ranked:
- #2 for nonprofit
- #5 for entrepreneurship
- #6 for international
- #7 for finance
- #9 for management
The full-time MBA rankings are based on data provided by participating US schools and on polls of business school deans and directors of accredited MBA programs, as well as surveys of corporate recruiters and company contacts. The score is calculated from:
- Placement success and starting salary: 35%
- Student selectivity (GMAT & GRE scores, undergraduate GPA, acceptance rate): 25%
- Peer poll: 25%
- Average of the last three years of recruiter polls: 15%
The part-time MBA ranking is based on:
- Average peer assessment score: 50%
- Average GMAT & GRE scores of students entering in the fall of 2016: 15%
- Average undergraduate GPA: 5%
- Work experience:15%
- Percentage the fall 2015 MBA enrollment that is part time: 15%
The executive MBA and other specialty rankings are based solely on ratings by deans and full-time MBA directors at peer schools.
U.S. News & World Report's Best Business Schools, published March 14, is one of many rankings of full-time MBA programs by the media. Earlier this year, the Full-time Berkeley MBA Program tied for #7 among US schools in the Financial Times Global MBA ranking. The full-time program was also ranked #7 by The Economist’s Which MBA? ranking in October.
Topics: Haas in the Rankings