Faculty & GSIs Recognized for Excellent Teaching
May 21, 2012
Five professors and three graduate student instructors were recognized during Undergraduate and MBA commencements last week for their excellent teaching abilities.
The recipients of the Cheit Awards were selected by panels of students based on student nominations. The award is named after Dean Emeritus Earl F. Cheit, who made teaching excellence one of his top priorities.
The faculty winners this year are:
- Lecturer Julie Suh, Undergraduate Program
- Associate Professor Nicolae Garleanu, PhD Program
- Associate Professor Gustavo Manso, Full-time MBA Program
- Assistant Professor Panos Patatoukas, Evening MBA Program
- Visiting Professor Shachar Kariv, Weekend MBA Program
Professor Andrew Rose was honored with a Cheit Award at the Berkeley-Columbia Executive MBA Program commencement in February. Visiting Associate Professor Rossen Valkanov received a Cheit Award at the Master of Financial Engineering Program commencement in March.
The winners of the Cheit Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor awards announced at commencement this year are:
- Brian Ayash, PhD 13, Undergraduate Program
- Isaac Hacamo, PhD 13, Full-time MBA Program, who also received a Cheit Award in March at the MFE commencement
- Jared Stasik, MBA 12, Weekend MBA Program