91 Faculty Members Make "Club 6"
June 30, 2009
Students gave 91 faculty members, or about 69 percent of all instructors, an average teaching score of at least six on a seven-point scale during the spring semester.
The "Club 6" ranking, based on written evaluations from students in all degree programs, is a key measure of teaching excellence. During the spring semester, 47 instructors, or 36 percent of the total, earned median scores of seven in at least one course, according to Jay Stowsky, senior assistant dean for instruction.
Eight faculty members earned special mention for receiving median scores of seven in at least two distinct courses during the spring semester:
- Adam Galinsky: Ethics and Responsibility in Business (MBA 207-1B and EWMBA 207-1B)
- Peter Goodson: Mergers and Acquisitions: A Practical Primer (MBA 236E-1 and EWMBA 236E-1)
- Teck Ho: Pricing (EWMBA 269-1 and MBA 269-1)
- Kellie McElhaney: Strategic CSR (EWMBA 292T-11) and Strategic CSR and Consulting Project (MBA 292C-1)
- Reza Moazzami: Future of IT (MBA 290T-1A), Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Information Technology (MBA 290T-6B and UGBA 196-6)
- Holly Schroth: Introduction to Organizational Behavior (UGBA 105-1) and Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (UGBA 152-1)
- Alexei Tchistyi: Introduction to Stochastic Calculus (MFE 230Q-1) and Continuous Time Asset Pricing (PHDBA 239B-1)
- Suneel Udpa: Corporate Financial Reporting (DUAL223-1) and Financial Information Analysis (EWMBA 222-11)
For a comprehensive list of the Club 6 scores, visit
(Haas login required).